1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
2 anchovy fillets (from a 3-ounce can)
1/2 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 package (18 ounces) romaine hearts, trimmed, rinsed and dried
2 medium-size beef filet mignon steaks (about 3/4 pound total)
1. In a mini chopper or a blender, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan, lemon juice, anchovies, 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Puree until smooth and well combined, scraping down side of bowl if necessary.
2. Heat gas grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Season steaks with remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Stack large leaves of romaine, and cut in half lengthwise along the rib. Then cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Repeat with remaining lettuce leaves and transfer lettuce to a large bowl.
4. Grill steaks for 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on thickness or until meat registers 130 degree F on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare. Grill an additional minute per side for medium. Remove steaks to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let rest 5 minutes.
5. Pulse dressing again to blend, then toss with lettuce. Divide salad equally among four plates. Thinly slice steak, then fan over salad on each plate, dividing evenly.