1 6 ounce package lemon-flavored gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups cranberry-apple drink
1 16 ounce can whole cranberry sauce
1 ounce envelope dessert topping mix
1 large unpeeled apple, cored and finely chopped (1-1/4 cups)
1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
Sugared cranberries (optional)*
Fresh mint (optional)
1. In a medium bowl dissolve gelatin and sugar in the boiling water. Stir in cranberry-apple drink. Transfer 1-3/4 cups of the mixture to another bowl; cover and chill about 30 minutes or until partially set (the consistency of egg whites). Set remaining gelatin-drink mixture aside.
2. Fold cranberry sauce into partially set gelatin-drink mixture; pour into an 8-cup ring mold or a 2-quart square dish. Cover and chill about 30 minutes or until almost firm. Chill remaining gelatin-drink mixture about 30 minutes or until partially set (the consistency of egg whites).
3. Meanwhile, prepare topping mix according to package directions; fold into partially set gelatin-drink mixture along with apple and mayonnaise or salad dressing. Spoon over chilled cranberry sauce-gelatin layer in mold or dish.
4. Cover and chill about 6 hours or until firm. Unmold gelatin onto platter. (For easier unmolding, set mold into a sink filled with warm water for a several seconds or until gelatin separates from the mold.) If desired, garnish with sugared cranberries and fresh mint. Makes 12 servings.
* For sugared cranberries, freeze cranberries; roll in sugar until coated.