1 cup pitted prunes
2/3 cup water
1 1/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fat-free milk
1 egg white
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups confectioners sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
7 teaspoons milk
1 square (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate, melted
1. Puree prunes and water in food processor, about 1 minute (can refrigerate up to 2 months).
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15-1/2 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan.
3. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in bowl.
4. Beat milk, 1 cup prune puree, egg, egg white and vanilla in bowl on low just until eggs are beaten. Slowly beat in flour mixture. Pour in pan.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 25 minutes or until pick inserted in center tests clean. Remove pan to rack to cool.
1. Beat together confectioners sugar, butter, 7 teaspoons milk and salt in medium-size bowl until smooth and of good spreading consistency. Beat in another teaspoon milk, if needed.
2. Spread frosting over bar. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand until chocolate sets. Cut into bars.