8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, very coarsely chopped
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, very coarsely chopped
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup kosher for Passover margarine or unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan. Line bottom with round of parchment paper and butter the paper.
2. In food processor combine chopped chocolates. Process until finely chopped.
3. In saucepan bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to boiling. Stir to dissolve sugar.
4. With food processor running, add boiling sugar syrup to chocolate through feed tube. Add margarine, 2 tablespoons at a time. Add eggs. Process only until smooth.
5. Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Place pan in roasting pan on rack in center of oven. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out with just a few specks of chocolate clinging to it and cake begins to pull away from edges of pan. Transfer cake pan to a wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes.
6. Using a small sharp knife loosen cake from pan sides. Cover cake surface with plastic wrap, and invert onto baking sheet. Lift off pan, remove parchment. Invert a cake plate over cake, turn plate and baking sheet so that cake is right side up. Remove plastic wrap. serve warm or cold. Makes 16 servings.