1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 1 1/4 ounce package taco-seasoning mix
3/4 cup water
1 16 ounce can kidney beans
1 11 ounce can whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
3 1/4 cups packaged biscuit mix
1 cup milk
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 ounces)
1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown. Drain off fat.
2. Add taco-seasoning mix according to package directions, except use the 3/4 cup water. Add the undrained kidney beans and the drained corn; bring to boiling.
3. Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix and milk. Stir until all is moistened. Beat for 30 seconds more.
4. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, making 10 biscuits.
5. Spoon hot meat mixture into a 13x9x2-inch (3-quart rectangular) baking dish and top with some of the cheese.
6. Immediately place biscuits on top and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until biscuits are done. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Makes 8 to 10 servings.