1 pound prepared pizza dough
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small red bell pepper, sliced into short strips
8 ounces shredded Fontina cheese
3 hot Italian sausage links, grilled, diagonal sliced
1 cup ricotta cheese, room temperature
Salt and black pepper, as needed
1/4 cup refrigerated basil pesto, room temperature
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Preheat grill.
3. Divide dough ball into 4 pieces; roll each into a 6-inch crusts. Brush both sides lightly with oil. Carefully place one crust on grill and heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until light golden brown, flip with spatula and grill on other side for 1 minute. Remove from grill and repeat with remaining crusts.
4. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, peppers and onions in nonstick skillet; heat over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
5. Top grilled crusts evenly with shredded fontina cheese, sliced sausage and pepper mixture; arrange on baking sheets and heat in oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden and bubbly-hot. Remove from oven.
6. Spoon dollops of ricotta evenly over baked pizza; season lightly with salt and black pepper. Drizzle pesto over ricotta; slice each pizza in quarters.