1 1 - 1 1/4 pound beef flank steak
1 8 ounce bottle Italian salad dressing
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon soy sauce
4 hard rolls, halved lengthwise and toasted
1. Score steak on both sides. In a shallow baking dish, drizzle with Italian salad dressing. Cover; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, turning once.
2. Drain steak, reserving marinade. Grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes for medium rare (145 degree F), turning once and brushing with marinade halfway through grilling.* Keep warm.
3. In skillet, cook mushrooms and onions in butter until just tender. Stir in soy. Slice steak across the grain, 1/4 inch thick. Keep your carving knife at about a 45 degree angle.
4. Arrange steak on roll halves. Cover with vegetables. Makes 4 servings.
* Discard marinade after cooking (don't brush on meat).
Make Ahead Tip
Drizzle steak with Italian salad dressing as directed. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.