Nonstick cooking spray
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs
2/3 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
1 1/2 cups sliced or coarsely chopped fresh strawberries, kiwifruit, pineapple, and/or whole fresh raspberries or blueberries
1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
2 tablespoons coconut chips, lightly toasted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Coat paper bake cups with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, lime peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and milk. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream mixture to egg mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
3. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. Using a small knife, cut a shallow dip in the top of each cupcake. Save cut off cake tops for another use, such as for making fruit parfaits. Top cupcakes with fruit, whipped topping, and, if desired, coconut.
1. Use Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar.
2. PER SERVING WITH SUGAR SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 167 cal., 23 g carb. Exchanges: 1.5 other carb. Carb choices: 1.5.