6 10 inches flour tortillas
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup diced Canadian-style bacon, cooked ham, cooked breakfast sausage or cooked chicken
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 4 1/2 ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese (3 oz.)
Red and/or green salsa
1. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil; heat in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes until heated through. (Or, wrap tortillas in microwave-safe paper towels; heat in microwave oven on high about 1 minute or until heated through.) Set aside.
1. In a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in potatoes, garlic and cumin. Spread in an even layer; press down lightly with spatula. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Turn potatoes over with a spatula. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes more or until golden brown and crisp (urn potatoes as necessary for even browning). Stir in Canadian-style bacon; heat through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper. Pour egg mixture into hot skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edges.
3. With a spatula or a large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and folding over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through, but is still glossy and moist. Immediately remove from heat.
4. Divide potato mixture among tortillas, placing it just below the center of each tortilla. Top with egg mixture, chilies, and cheese. For each tortilla, fold bottom edge up and over the filling. Fold opposite sides in. Roll up from bottom. Serve immediately with salsa. Makes 6 burritos.