3/4 cup yellow melting wafers, melted
12 scallop-edged cookies
12 green nontoxic craft sticks
12 berry-shaped candies, trimmed
1 cup vanilla frosting
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons sugar
10 Oreos, finely crushed
1 canister (14.1 ounces) chocolate-cream Pirouette cookies, halved
1. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Spread thin layer of melted wafers over each scallop-edged cookie. Using a dab of melted wafers, attach craft stick to underside of each cookie. Place on cookie sheet, and allow to set, about 15 minutes. Attach berry-shaped candy to each cookie center with a dab of melted wafers. Place vanilla frosting in small resealable plastic bag, and snip off 1-inch corner. Pipe petal outlines onto each cookie, and allow flowers to set on cookie sheet.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. In bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In large bowl, with electric mixer on high, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract. Reduce mixer speed to low; add flour mixture, alternating with milk until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer pan to wire rack, and cool 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; cool completely.
5. Make frosting: In large bowl, with electric mixer on medium-high, beat heavy cream, peanut butter, and sugar until soft peaks form. (Do not overbeat or the mixture will become grainy).
6. Slice cake in half horizontally. Position bottom layer on cardboard cake board or serving plate lined with strips of waxed paper. Spread 3/4 cup frosting on top of bottom layer. Place top layer on cake, and frost entire cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle top with ground Oreos. Carefully remove strips of waxed paper.
7. Press halved Pirouette cookies around sides of cake until completely covered. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Insert cookie flowers into cake.
Quick Tip: Too busy to bake? Substitute a ready-to-serve 16-ounce-loaf pound cake, thawed, for the cake in this recipe.