3 cups chopped strawberries (from two 1-pint baskets)
1 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
3/4 cup dry white wine
Red food coloring
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped to medium-soft peaks
6 whole strawberries
1. Coat 9 x 5 x 2-1/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with plastic wrap.
2. Process strawberries in blender until smooth. Pour into small bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup sugar; reserve.
3. In top of double boiler over simmering water, whisk together egg yolks, eggs and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Whisk in wine. Continue to whisk until mixture registers at least 160 degrees F on instant-read thermometer and mixture ribbons and mounds on top of itself when whisk is lifted, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove top of double boiler and place in ice-water bath. Whisk egg mixture until cool. Stir in strawberry puree. Remove one third (2-2/3 cups) of the mixture to medium-size bowl and the other two-thirds (5-1/3 cups) to another bowl. Add the red food coloring to the two-thirds portion.
5. Beat cream in bowl until soft peaks form. Fold two-thirds cream (1-1/3 cups) into red-colored portion, and remaining cream into one-third portion of egg mixture. Refrigerate all mixtures until ready to use.
6. Spread half of red-colored mixture in prepared pan. Place in freezer until set, 1 to 2 hours. Spoon uncolored mixture on top of frozen layer. Place in freezer until set, 1 to 2 hours. Spread remaining red-colored mixture over frozen layer. Cover pan; place in freezer overnight.
7. To unmold and serve, briefly dip the loaf pan into warm water. Invert onto serving plate; gently shake; remove pan; remove plastic wrap. Garnish with whipped cream and whole strawberries.