1/2 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups Swanson® Beef Stock
1 14 1/2 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, cut up
1 1/2 cups Pace® Picante Sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup uncooked medium shell-shaped pasta
1 (about 10 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed (about 2 cups)
1 can (about 15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese or mozzarella cheese
1. Shape the sausage firmly into 1/2-inch meatballs.
2. Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucapan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook until they're well browned. Remove the meatballs from the saucepan. Pour off any fat.
3. Add the stock, tomatoes, picante sauce and garlic powder to the saucepan and heat to a boil. Stir in the pasta. Return the meatballs to the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
4. Stir in the green beans and kidney beans. Cook for 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with the cheese before serving, if desired.
1. Substitute 1 can (about 16 ounces) cut green beans, drained for the frozen. For quicker preparation, omit the first step and cook the sausage over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Leave the sausage in the skillet and pour off any fat. Proceed with the remainder of the recipe as directed.